S5 Plans & Programs
The squadron S5 serves to provide strategic, long-term planning methodology toward major and complex unit activities based on the Cadet Commander's intent for Cadet Detachment operations.
- Advising the Cadet Commander on the progress of unit operations and planning against milestones and suspense dates
- Monitoring long-term planning affairs for significant events and projects
- Maintenance of internal unit calendars and project trackers
- Advisor and liaison between the unit's cadet corps and other units when conducting joint activities
- Communication of external cadet opportunities (e.g., Encampment, Cadet Special Activities, etc.) and assisting cadets in registering to participate
- Supporting the unit's Recruiting & Retention (RECREN) program by encouraging the planning and participation in fun, challenging, and rewarding cadet activities