Flight Sergeants are the senior cadet non-commissioned officer in each flight, serving as the echelon leader under the direction of the Flight Commander.
- Maintaining flight accountability, discipline, organization, and uniformity during activities
- Mentoring subordinate cadets in their roles as junior leaders in the program
- Instructing cadets on drill and ceremonies, working closely with the First Sergeant to implement related training curricula
- Advising the Flight Commander on issues within the flight and assisting in addressing matters before they escalate
- Coaching and counseling subordinate cadets to provide regular performance feedback, assisting the First Sergeant in addressing disciplinary concerns
- Encouraging cadets to progress and explore other opportunities beyond "squadron life"