Element Leaders serve as "team leaders" for the smallest echelon of each flight, providing basic guidance and direction for newer cadet members as they "settle in" to Civil Air Patrol cadet life.
- Assisting the Flight Sergeant in the management and supervision of the flight
- Instructing subordinate cadets in the basic fundamentals of cadet life, to include navigation of regulations, manuals, and other resources
- Assisting the Flight Sergeant in drill and ceremonies instruction
- Mentoring subordinate cadets as new members of CAP, to include uniform wear, attendance processes, and other related matters
- Accounting for subordinate cadets during events, ensuring cadets are on time, in the correct location, properly equipped, and ready to conduct activities